Sunday, June 5, 2011

William, My Love...

There is a curious sort of road block within my mind. My thoughts have been pervaded by a boy who lives in my head.... A young man actually. I am almost 100% sure he is not real. Yet, when I see him in my thoughts he is more alive and breathing than some people who have justified claims to life! His name is William. I am not sure how I know him or where he came from. He just, one day, entered into my head. He is a tall, slender young man, taller than me by much and wiry in ways that allude to a life of hard work. I wonder, is he a farmer? No... I do believe he lives in the highlands, upon a rocky, barren coast jutting out into the ancient cold waters of the North Sea. I tremble in shivers of delight...for in the hazy fog of my mind's eye, I do believe I see that he has a dragon. Oh! How could I resist him now? Heart stop fluttering in this ridiculous girlish way! I command you be sensible!


But oh...he is very so handsome. The flicks of gold within his deep, auburn hair tousles boyish and carefree like his very spirit. I hear his playful, captivating laughter as it sets free every fear and trouble which burdens me; His secretive grin invites me into his world of adventures... dare I smile back? His eyes...his eyes set adrift my heart into regions beyond the compass of man—his dark, brown gypsy eyes enchant their way into my soul, the very center of my secret world. Oh goodness! Stay fast and true my beating heart, be not tempted to steal away into nights of forbidden dreams!

I assume he is a bewitcher of women's hearts...because he simply will not leave my mind. And, if it is true that he isn't even real than I give his spell casting talent even more credit being desirably captivating. For I don't usually fall for men who are figments of my imagination. I usually fall for men whose hearts are born in eras long ago; men whose minds are so easily captured by the romance of fantasy; men who can see the dragons walking about our own world, just as I see them...

Goodness! A pox upon me! Why! I do fall for imaginary men! What a ridiculous thing to do! Hm. I must go somewhere quiet now and ponder how silly I am... then, if the day is courageous and on my side I will attempt to draw together the fizzled out strings within my brain and, with all luck, become sane once more.

I have my doubts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...