Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Love In Waiting


Dear Father, you made the heavens and the seas and all the beautiful things of the earth. You created within me the deep desire to love another soul, passionately, selflessly. You know my dreams, for you walk along the secretive shores of my heart every evening. You know all that you can accomplish through me and what is marked out for me upon the remaining days of my life. You know it all dear God. You know how quietly I long for love.

Dear Lord, I want my husband to be like a quiet, gentle stream…by which I may come and feel freedom to let pensive wonderings and deep pretty thoughts flow outward in a safe, accepting solace. I want to play games with him, how many happy things we can find in the day, how many praises and compliments we might bestow on the other, how many delightful thoughts we might share before the setting of the sun. I want my husband to be the sort of man who reads the Bible to his family in the morning and bids them goodnight with a prayer. Dear God, is there a man out there like that?
I want my husband to be old-fashioned, simple, goodhearted and generous. I want him to get tickled over my silly, dreamy ideas such as reverting to the prestigious, out-dated notion of horses and carts. I want him to encourage reading instead of t.v., give compliments instead of complaints. I want him to realize the importance of purity in his daughters. I want him to never let them dress in the ways of the world, but strictly adhere to a spirit of modesty that reflects You, dear God. I want a husband who knows my well-trod paths in imagination... and some dewy, star cast nights joins me in my secretive world of shimmering knights and celestial princesses… Dear Lord, can you make a man like that for me?

Dear Father, but most importantly, I want my husband to be so excited about doing your work that it consumes him. I want a husband who realizes, understands, and shares the passion of Christ with me. Dear Lord, all your ways are so perfect, so utterly pristine and good…if we only follow them what joy might we experience. Dear God, please send me a man who understands this. But if it is not in your will, teach my heart to fall fully in love with the plan you have set before me. Because, as hard as it is to imagine, when I shall come Home, none of this will matter…whether I was given in marriage or not, because the best is yet to come, everlasting! Dear God set eternity in my heart. And if there is such a holy, precious servant out there whom you wish to someday give me, please strengthen his heart today and help him feel my love-in-waiting.

Dear Lord, you already know all of that which I have wished. I offer up my dreams as a sacrifice because not my will be done, but yours alone. Let my dreams die, so I may live more fully in you. Let not my love be love-in-waiting, but rather let it be love- in-living for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...