Wednesday, July 20, 2011

What A Weird Day.

It must admit. It has been a weird day.

A general feeling of weirdness has permeated the last few days, but today, it has seemed the worst. I suppose it all started when I walked out the door this morning and the air smelled like death.


Then somebody at work asked if the pancakes were pancakes...I mean, really.

Then we saw a dead rat on break. It was just laying on the sidewalk, eerily staring at us in a lifeless way.

Then I dropped a light bulb in the house and freaked out in terror over mercy poisoning.

Then there was a raccoon in the warehouse at work.

Then later tonight there was a car accident in front of our apartment. It was horribly loud and everyone was screaming. I thought someone had died. But everyone was okay. But still... it was so horrible. I seriously could not imagine being a policeman or rescue person. I admit...I am not  strong enough to face the terror they see everyday. To live with such constant unpleasantness and human tragedy...

Oh they have my great respect! They truly are heroes in a way I could never be.

So today, my nerves are fried. Some days I suppose must be like that. I must just remind myself that everything will okay. God is in control of everything. And really... life could be so much worse.  I almost went out for a walk. I am so glad I didn't.What if I had been crossing the intersection when that happened?

To say the least, I am very ready for our vacation in two weeks.....

Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...