Thursday, July 14, 2011

Why Life is Awesome #3

1. Going on "Penny Finds"

As some of you might know, we are dreaming up a vacation next summer. Along with dreaming, we are also saving. So every night, during our evening walk, my sister and I look for pennies around campus. Do you know how fun this has become? Lots of fun! It's like a treasure hunt! And with every coin found, it is a little piece of hope to add to our dream....and there are usually lots of coins laying scattered around campus.

 
2. Things from far away places.

My friend brought me something back from his home in Africa and quite honestly I was really excited. I hardly ever get gifts from people and I even more I don't get many things from far away places. It is exciting to me! It reminds me that there is a huge world out there with endless places to wander in adventurous delight. I feel the same way about my coins from Scotland and my sand from the Atlantic...and my post card from New York (silly, aren't I?)



3. When it is so hot that you can smell the black top melting.
I don't know why I like this. But I love those stupidly hot summer days where the skies are absolutely clear, the sun is bright and bursting, and the blacktop is sizzling. Those days it just feels delicious to walk outside after your bones are chilled by too much AC. The warmth and the embracing hug of the summer sun...  I love it! 



<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...